[freetds] Re: FreeTDS on Mac OS X 10.3.3

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Tue Jun 8 12:31:22 EDT 2004

I've been checking in on Mac OS ODBC drivers every now and then for the
last five years or so, mainly with the idea that *occasionally* I need
to access an MS SQL server from a Mac. Once Mac OS X came around this
was easier, because Java-based apps could use a JDBC driver, so that
solved a few problems, but for code I wanted to write in Perl, wouldn't do.

Luckily FreeTDS really works well for what I need, and it's pretty easy
to move things from Mac OS X to Linux, so we're able to get off our
reliance of Windows servers for some things.

Still, a reasonably priced ODBC driver for the Mac, for users with the
*occasional use* problem would be helpful.

Pete