[Fwd: Re: [freetds] /usr/include/freetds/ and DBD-Sybase problem]

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadf at u.washington.edu
Sat May 29 01:27:32 EDT 2004

Whoops, mailing list stripped the attachment. Here it is inline...

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

> [...]
(freetds-0.62.3-1.1.el3.rpm
Red Hat

 >> --snip--

Why do people assume things ?  :)

 >> Just to clarify, these RPMs are not provided by Red Hat, but by Dag
Wieers
 >> (who packages a bunch of 3rd party stuff). For some reason his SPEC has:
 >>
 >> %define _includedir %{_prefix}/include/freetds
 >>
 >> <http://dag.wieers.com/packages/freetds/freetds.spec>
 >>
 >> If the freetds project doesn't see any reason for /usr/include/freetds/,
 >> it sounds like Dag is the one to ask about what's going on,
especially since
 >> he lists freetds.org as the upstream provider.

Well, I certainly did that on purpose, the remaining question is why  ;)
libgda requires freetds and seems to look for it in /usr/include/freetds.
And I think there was also a conflict between one of the header-files.

It seems also much cleaner having it in its own directory. Maybe we could
talk to the author of DBD-Sybase and have it look at /usr/include/freetds
so that eventually freetds can move its headers in its own(ed) directory.

Kind regards,