[freetds] trailing spaces

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue May 25 17:18:23 EDT 2004

AFAIK, the FreeTDS db-lib dbbind() works correctly, and if you're using the mssql extension with PHP, then you're using db-lib.   It may well be that PHP binds character data differently, depending on which driver it's using; I don't know.  That would explain what you're seeing.

If you're seeing different behavior driver-for-driver i.e., the FreeTDS ODBC driver gives different results from Sybase's ODBC driver, then that would indicate a problem with FreeTDS's implementation.  Once it's narrowed down to exactly what's wrong, I doubt it would be difficult to fix.

Unless it's determined that the FreeTDS bind function isn't working as advertised, you're going to have to look to PHP for a remedy.  That might involve changing its bind parameters; if so, it will almost certainly involve discovery and recompilation.

HTH.