[freetds] trailing spaces

RCS Computers randy at rcs-comp.com
Tue May 25 15:39:16 EDT 2004

Hello again,

I have found several posts that talk about trailing spaces in output from
the freetds driver.  I am connecting to a sybase database with php and from
what I read, the reason I am getting spaces after the data I want is
because the column is a CHAR column and the size of the data is < the size
of the column.

Some things I have read suggest changing the DB structure.  That is not an
option.  Some have suggested changing the php code, but I have been
developing with the Sybase ODBC driver on a Windows system, which
automatically trimmed the data, and that would entail a lot of changed code
and checking for errors.

So, I would like to know if I can change the freetds in some way, either
configuration or recompiliation, so that it mimics the Sybase ODBC driver
and trims the data of spaces automatically?

Thank you in advance.

Randy Syring
RCS Computers

"For by grace you have been saved through faith [in Jesus Christ]; and that
not of yourselves, it is the gift of God"
Ephesians 2:8