[freetds] php sybase asa 7 connection problem

RCS Computers randy at rcs-comp.com
Mon May 24 14:15:10 EDT 2004

Thank you!

I had actually read this somewhere but the link to the page was invalid.  I
*thought* I changed my config to make up for this, but after reading your
post, realized I named my dataserver after the database SERVER instead of
the name of the DATABASE.  I changed it and all is well.  Thank you again.

>http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm#FTN.AEN763
>
>See the footnote.  :-)
>
>FreeTDS passes the dataserver name to the server.  In the case of ASA,
>that name is important, because it indicates to the server which database
>to open.  When you use "tsql -H", freetds.conf is not consulted, no
>dataserver/database name is gleaned or sent, and the server has no way to
>know (I suppose) which database to start.
>
>HTH.
>
>--jkl

Randy Syring
RCS Computers

"For by grace you have been saved through faith [in Jesus Christ]; and that
not of yourselves, it is the gift of God"
Ephesians 2:8