[freetds] php sybase asa 7 connection problem

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Mon May 24 12:47:55 EDT 2004

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm#FTN.AEN763

See the footnote.  :-)

FreeTDS passes the dataserver name to the server.  In the case of ASA, that name is important, because it indicates to the server which database to open.  When you use "tsql -H", freetds.conf is not consulted, no dataserver/database name is gleaned or sent, and the server has no way to know (I suppose) which database to start.

HTH.