[freetds] having more than one active SQL statement

Kevin Hirst kevin at kma.net
Fri May 21 11:24:16 EDT 2004

I have recently encountered a problem coding for unixODBC and FreeTDS that I can only seem to have one active statement at a time on a single connection.  I am told this is a limitation on TDS, but I know that I have used ADO on Windows before and had many statements active on one connection to SQL Server 2000.  Is this a farce?  Is there something going on in ADO that I am unaware of?

The basic problem is that SQLExecDirect() fails with error 0 and no error message on the second SELECT statement that I execute on it.  Do I need to open a new connection for every statement that I want to be active at once?

-Kevin