[freetds] Server - Problems with TDS 4.2 COLFMT token

brian at bruns.com brian at bruns.com
Tue May 18 18:48:59 EDT 2004

I didn't do any work with the SQL engine.  Everything I did was in the
network layer.  You could log in with sqsh to postgres, but from there
you had to issue queries in pgsql dialect, not T-SQL syntax.

The TDS stuff was a convenient proof of concept for a project I was
(am) working on (http://opendrda.sourceforge.net).

There was a significant rework of the network stuff in...7.2? 7.3?
don't remember.  These days it should be easier to do what I did, I
had to badly kludge the code to handle the result sets because of how
interwoven the network stuff was with the core engine.

Brian