[freetds] Cannot Connect

rconner at commspeed.net rconner at commspeed.net
Thu May 13 17:03:47 EDT 2004

So about a month ago I posted a few times to this group about not being
able to connect to a mssql server.  All the settings seemed good and I
couldnt figure it out.  Then while messing around with it one day it
started working.  It actually worked GREAT until the server I run Apache
and php from crashed and had to be rebuilt.  I am back trying to get
FreeTDS to work again.

Here is what I have

==============
Freetds.conf
==============

; For example, on Windows:
[mypool]
        host = 127.0.0.1
        port = 5000
        tds version = 4.2

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 configuration
;[MyServer70]
;       host = ntmachine.domain.com
;       port = 1433
;       tds version = 7.0

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 2000 configuration
[myServer]
        host = NQLSQL01
        port = 1433
        tds version = 7.0

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 6.x configuration
;[MyServer65]
;       host = ntmachine.domain.com
;       port = 1433
;       tds version = 4.2

==============

====================
php compiled with
====================

'./configure' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-mysql'
'--with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds'

======================

======================
php.ini (well the part i think i need)
======================

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Dynamic Extensions ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;
; If you wish to have an extension loaded automatically, use the following
; syntax:
;
;   extension=modulename.extension
;
; For example, on Windows:
;
;   extension=msql.dll
;
; ... or under UNIX:
;
   extension=msql.so
   extension=mssql.so
;
; Note that it should be the name of the module only; no directory
information

=========================

========================
php connect statement
=======================

<?php

$myServer = "servername";
$mssql_Username = "user";
$mssql_Password = "secret";
$mssql_DBName = "AMATS";

// create mysql connection
$new_Connect = @mssql_connect($myServer, $mssql_Username, $mssql_Password)
    or die ( "could not connect to $myServer");
// select database
$new_Db = @mssql_select_db($mssql_DBName, $new_Connect)
    or die("Couldn't select database");

?>

But I get a undable to connect.  Any Ideas?

Also i did a locate on the msql.so and mssql.so and i didnt ahve either
file.  Could someone check theirs?

Conner