[freetds] Freetds 0.60.1 vs freetds 0.62.3 and unixODBC 2.2.8

Novick, Jeff novickj at toysrus.com
Thu May 13 11:44:51 EDT 2004

Thank you, but, that's where freetds.conf is currently located.
root at pollerint:~/source/freetds-0.62.3# ls -l /etc/freetds.conf
ls: /etc/freetds.conf: No such file or directory

ls -l /usr/local/etc/freetds.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3663 May 13 07:21
/usr/local/etc/freetds.conf

So I tried this, and still no good.

root at pollerint:~# mv /usr/local/etc/freetds.conf /etc/
root at pollerint:~# isql orderwareDTM sa -x0x09 -v
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
root at pollerint:~# mv /etc/freetds.conf /usr/local/etc/
root at pollerint:~#
root at pollerint:~# isql orderwareDTM sa -x0x09 -v
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[28000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login incorrect.
[][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sa'.
[][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login
'dbo'. Login fails.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
root at pollerint:~# mv /etc/freetds.conf /usr/local/etc/

What next?

Jeff