[freetds] RPM version different?

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue May 11 14:39:08 EDT 2004

It's not needed by FreeTDS if you're using freetds.conf to describe your servers.

Real live ct-lib from Sybase uses the SYBASE variable to locate its interfaces file.  FreeTDS's equivalent, freetds.conf, has its location established at build time.

Cf. "perldoc DBD::Sybase" for more information.  DBI does not use $SYBASE, and I'm pretty sure DBD::SYBASE doesn't, either.