[freetds] libtool-base-1.5.6

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Thu May 6 12:23:19 EDT 2004

Nightly snapshots are now being generated with libtool 1.5.6.

I have onlhy the vaguest understanding of what's better in the new libtool.  The folks at pkgsrc.org mad e the leap to 1.5 3 months ago, and have been steadily tracking updates since.  It seems to be stable(izing).

It's been reported here that 1.5 is needed for a clean build of FreeTDS on OS X, and indeed OS X support is one of 1.5's advertised features.  If this does in fact eliminate the need for the "libtool patch for OS X 10.3" described in http://www.freetds.org/userguide/osissues.htm#OSX, I'll update the UG.

On a related note, "make install" now uses "test -h" instead of "test -L" when installing the documentation.  The latter had caused problems on Solaris.  May all our difficulties be so easily fixed.