[freetds] ODBC configuration dialog on Windows

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Sun May 2 15:33:46 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004 11:09:05 -0700, Steve Kirkendall
<skirkendall at dsl-only.net> wrote:
> > > 4) The Windows resource file also stores a version number.  It's
> > > nice to
> > >    see a version number in the ODBC drivers list, but I'm worried
> > >    about maintenance.  Somebody would have to remember to go in and
> > >    update the version number in the resource file whenever FreeTDS'
> > >    version number changed.  Unless somebody knows an automated way
> > >    to do that.  Opinions?
>
> When compiling with MSVC++, the configure script isn't used.

Understood.

> Is there a script you use when building source distributions?

Indeed there is, and that's just what I had in mind.  The "script" is
autogen.sh, which as you can see invokes autoconf and automake.  The
distribution is created by:

	$ ./autogen.sh # invokes ./configure
	$ make dist

We can add things to "make dist".  For instance, it already builds the
documentation as HTML from SGML sources.  Adding a little sed(1) magic
shouldn't be too hard, as long as the .rc file can be processed by the
likes of sed or perl.