[freetds] Function sequence error from Linux => SQL Server 2000

Charles Bearden Charles.F.Bearden at uth.tmc.edu
Thu Apr 29 11:33:20 EDT 2004

I appreciate James's and freddy77's responses.  I am learning from this.
One more puzzling tidbit: I can insert the 8410 byte long record into
the database as a Python non-Unicode string, but when I convert it to
Unicode and try to insert it, Python raises the function sequence error.
The string does not become longer when converted to Unicode.  The mx
connection object has its stringformat property set to
MIXED_STRINGFORMAT and its encoding property set to 'utf-8'.

The same applies whether I use the stored procedure or a composed INSERT
statement executed with the execute() method.

Thanks,

Chuck Bearden
Systems Analyst III
School of Health Information Sciences