[freetds] Function sequence error from Linux => SQL Server 2000

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Thu Apr 29 05:42:37 EDT 2004

> Two final clues:
> (1) If I use the Python interpreter to instantiate my DB
> connection and
> call the stored procedure with the same XML data, it loads
> the data into
> the target table with no complaint.
> (2) In my script I create six or seven different connections to the
> database, each with its own cursor, so that each cursor executes only
> one thing on the SQL server.  My hope was to reduce overhead by
> permitting each cursor to prepare just one statement.  Now that the
> cursors are executing stored procedures rather than SQL statements,
> perhaps I should use only one connection and cursor.

Strange... I tested with latest sources (mxBase-2.0.5 and
mxCommercial-2.0.6) and I founded this code:

           if (var->data_len < 256)
                var->sqltype = SQL_CHAR;
            else
                var->sqltype = SQL_LONGVARCHAR;

(both iOBDC and unixODBC).
For long data my test code use (correctly) TEXT and data got send to
server correctly. Log you sent seem to use SQL_CHAR instead...