[freetds] Function sequence error from Linux => SQL Server 2000

Charles Bearden Charles.F.Bearden at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Apr 28 17:26:08 EDT 2004

Two final clues:
(1) If I use the Python interpreter to instantiate my DB connection and
call the stored procedure with the same XML data, it loads the data into
the target table with no complaint.
(2) In my script I create six or seven different connections to the
database, each with its own cursor, so that each cursor executes only
one thing on the SQL server.  My hope was to reduce overhead by
permitting each cursor to prepare just one statement.  Now that the
cursors are executing stored procedures rather than SQL statements,
perhaps I should use only one connection and cursor.

Chuck

Chuck Bearden
Systems Analyst III
School of Health Information Sciences