[freetds] qt+unixODBC+freeTDS

Balu Stefan stefan.balu at rodipet.ro
Wed Apr 28 09:04:48 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 15:46, James K. Lowden wrote:

thank you, I managed to see the tables from a database that I connectd
to, I still have 2 driver managers but I attend to delete iODBC...
I'll reconfigure freeTDS with --disable-msdlib...

All I have to do is to figure out how to use OT's Sysbase SQL plugin to
work with me :)
I'll keep you guys in touch...

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Balu Stefan <stefan.balu at rodipet.ro> wrote:
> > I have to tell you I don't know MsSQL Language (I've only used
> > PostgreSQL), but I have some MSSQL programmes in my office to ask
> > for MsSQL's syntax.
> > Now...what do I need in order to do this?
>
> Welcome, Stefan.
>
> Microsoft and Sybase share a SQL dialect called Transact-SQL (tm),
> or T-SQL for short.  Its complete documentation can be found on
> Microsoft's website.
>
> > freetds-0.62.3:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-server --enable-msdblib
> > --with-iodbc=/usr/local --with-unixodbc=/usr/local
>
> You might or might not need --enable-msdblib, depending on what QT
> wants. You definitely don't need two driver managers.  Choose either
> iODBC or unixODBC.
>
> > make && make install
> >
> > now...what else do I have to do?
>
> Keep going.  ;-)  You need to set up your odbc.ini and/or
> freetds.conf. Try simple tools like tsql, isql, and odbctest to make
> sure your connection works, and take note of the TDSDUMPCONFIG
> variable as a diagnostic tool if it doesn't.
>
> HTH.
>
> --jkl

Stefan, a simple Debian user.
Linux registered user: #272012
[Linux is Friendly. It's just selective about who his friends are.]