[freetds] qt+unixODBC+freeTDS

Balu Stefan stefan.balu at rodipet.ro
Wed Apr 28 03:17:50 EDT 2004

Hi all, my name is Stefan and I am from Romania.
I have some problems understanding,installing and using freeTDS...

I have a Microsoft SQL Server 2000...and I want to connect to it. It
listens to the port 1433. Now, I want to use QT to execute some
procedures that are stored on that server.

I have to tell you I don't know MsSQL Language (I've only used
PostgreSQL), but I have some MSSQL programmes in my office to ask for
MsSQL's syntax.
Now...what do I need in order to do this?

I've installed QT with ODBC and SysBASE plugins, I've installed
libiodbc-3.51.2 with:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-gui --enable-odbc3
--with-iodbc-inidir=/usr/local/etc

make && make install

unixODBC-2.2.8:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-gui --with-qt-dir=/usr
--with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt

make && make install

freetds-0.62.3:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-server --enable-msdblib
--with-iodbc=/usr/local --with-unixodbc=/usr/local

make && make install

now...what else do I have to do?

--
Stefan, a simple Debian user.