[freetds] New Progress about "FreeTDS ODBC Driver handles MONEY type incorretly on Solaris/SPARC"

ou liu ou at qbt.com
Tue Apr 27 15:47:25 EDT 2004

Hi, everyone

            In my post "FreeTDS ODBC Driver handles MONEY type incorretly on
Solaris/SPARC", I talked about the anomaly when the freetds odbc driver is
handling with the MONEY type. James K. Lowden kindly analyzed the problem
for me. And now is the solution:

1.      Go to the odbc_utils.c and changed the

case SYBMONEY4:
      return SQL_DOUBLE;

case SYBMONEYN:
     break;

            into:

case SYBMONEY4:
      return SQL_DOUBLE;

case SYBMONEYN:
     return SQL_DOUBLE;

        Freddy, I knew you already changed the odbc_utils.c in this way, but
it is not included in the stable version.

2.       After the configure, change in the Makefile under the
$TDSSRC/src/odbc directory:

LDFLAGS =  -L/usr/local/iodbc/lib

            LDFLAGS =  -L/usr/local/iodbc/lib -L<The directory when your
libgcc.a located> -lgcc

On my machine the libgcc.a is in
/opt/sfw/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/, yours may be different.

            I've test on my machine and the solution does work. If you
didn't apply the second step then you will meet problem as I described in
the last post.

Regards

Ou