[freetds] bcp broken on TDS 5.0

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Mon Apr 26 12:44:44 EDT 2004

Ah, good.  So only another 95% to go, eh?

> I guess I *should* try and backport said improvements into
> dblibrary, but I am short of time...

When you've got a working ct-blk, let's put it in as is.  Refactoring functionality into libtds makes more sense (to me, anyway, from here) than backporting anything to db-lib.  The Microsoft ODBC driver supports bcp as an extension, too, you'll recall.

I'm not second guessing you regarding the degree of functional overlap between the libraries or the less-than-meets-the-eye value of moving some of it to libtds.  It's just that when I hear "backport", it suggests shared functionality.  Besides, there are ways that db-lib's bcp would need to be reorganized if I were to pursue my any-to-any idea, whereby the bcp source/target combination  could be two files or two servers.