[freetds] FreeTDS 0.62.3

Jeremiah McElroy jeremiah at facility9.com
Mon Apr 26 09:11:06 EDT 2004

The problem was fixed by changing Servername to Server.  I used the ODBC
configuration utility that ships with redhat (ODBCConfig) I don't know
if it ships with any other distros.  I should probably track their
project down and submit a bug report.

The port (2433) that I use is simply arbitrarily chosen because of all
of the scripting attacks we receive over the standard port.

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

>>here is my odbc.ini:
>>
>>[MSSQL]
>>Description     = TDS MSSQL
>>Driver          = TDS
>>

>Did you configure odbcinst.ini ?? Try using driver file name/

odbcinst.ini was configured correctly, I double checked the
configuration against samples I found.  I did, however, end up changing
the Driver parameter to point to the actual driver file rather than use
the ODBC driver alias.

>>Servername      = www.facility9.com
>>

>Mmm... Server not Servername, servername refer to freetds.conf server.
>Refer to user guide for more informations.

Changing Servername to Server fixed everything for me.