[freetds] FreeTDS 0.62.3

Jeremiah McElroy jeremiah at facility9.com
Sun Apr 25 11:23:18 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm attempting to use FreeTDS 0.62.3 to connect to an MS SQL Server 2000
database housed on a remote server.  When I try to connect, I see the
following error message:

$ isql -v MSSQL USERNAME PASSWORD
[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Thanks in advance,

Jeremiah McElroy

here is my odbc.ini:

[MSSQL]
Description     = TDS MSSQL
Driver          = TDS
Servername      = www.facility9.com
Database        = facility9
UID             = USERNAME
PWD             =
Port            = 2433

Here is my sql logfile:

[ODBC][31010][__handles.c][399]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        Environment = 0x97683c0
[ODBC][31010][SQLAllocHandle.c][338]
                Entry:
                        Handle Type = 2
                        Input Handle = 0x97683c0
[ODBC][31010][SQLAllocHandle.c][462]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        Output Handle = 0x9768ab8
[ODBC][31010][SQLConnect.c][3184]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x9768ab8
                        Server Name = [MSSQL][length = 5 (SQL_NTS)]
                        User Name = [f9_whore][length = 8 (SQL_NTS)]
                        Authentication = [*********][length = 9 (SQL_NTS)]
                UNICODE Using encoding ASCII 'ISO8859-1' and UNICODE
'UCS-2LE'

                DIAG [S1000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to
data source

[ODBC][31010][SQLConnect.c][3569]
                Exit:[SQL_ERROR]
[ODBC][31010][SQLError.c][401]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x9768ab8
                        SQLState = 0xbfeaf810
                        Native = 0xbfeaf808
                        Message Text = 0xbfeaf820
                        Buffer Length = 500
                        Text Len Ptr = 0xbfeaf80e
[ODBC][31010][SQLError.c][438]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        SQLState = S1000
                        Native = 0xbfeaf808 -> 0
                        Message Text = [[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL
Server]Unable to connect to data source]
[ODBC][31010][SQLError.c][401]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x9768ab8
                        SQLState = 0xbfeaf810