[freetds] bcp broken on TDS 5.0

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Sat Apr 24 20:50:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson at ml.com>
wrote:
> The bcp data sent down the wire to a Sybase server is an image of a row
> as it is physically stored within the database
> It may well be that Sybase have changed how row data is stored in
> 12/12.5...and that therefore our bcp data is being misinterpreted by the
> server.

I just had the *brilliant* insight that it must be FreeTDS's problem.  Let
us suppose, for a moment, that Sybase did change the TDS format for bcp'd
rows.  Wouldn't that mean that all Sybase's old bcp utilities would be
unable to connect and upload rows?

I dont' have ribo, but I do have an 11.5 system around here.  I think I'll
see what tcpdump has to say.