[freetds] RE: SQLServer2000 and version 0.63

Gregg Anderson ganderson at ghx.com
Thu Apr 22 19:12:40 EDT 2004

Thanks.  I am happy as a clam that I have this option because we were running into dead end after dead end...  We are only planning on doing straight selects but may be returning large result sets.

So far, we were able to return 25,800 records w/3 columns in 9 seconds.  Not bad considering the SQL Server is running on a beat down Compaq PIII 866 laptop.

I will keep you updated on our progress if anyone else is interested in Oracle heterogeneous services connecting to SQL Server 2000.

--Gregg