[freetds] problem with ODBC and store procedure output params

Roger Reynolds rogerr at softix.com
Thu Apr 22 18:42:45 EDT 2004

I got the {call ... } syntax from the odbc unittest params.c
You're saying that method for SP invocation is not working?

The workaround you suggsest "sp_test_1 9,9,?" does not work.
I get the error
   Incorrect syntax near 'sp_test_1'

You suggest as a workaround that uses the {call ...} syntax, but
uses placeholders for, and binds all parameters.

I've done this, and it works, and this is what params.c does too.

Please help me understand what is "not supported" here.
The use of {call ...} or using placeholders and binding for
some, but not all, of the parameters.

Here's another thing that doesn't work quite right, or maybe
it is supposed to be this way...

If I prepare a batch, like so

   delete from test_table
   {call sp_test_1(?,?,?)}

and bind all the parameters, I get the error

   Formal parameter '@P3' was defined as OUTPUT but
   the actual parameter not declared OUTPUT

The statement does work properly if I omit the
initial delete statement.

Thanks for your help.