[freetds] RE: SQLServer2000 and version 0.63
freddyz77 at tin.it
Thu Apr 22 16:09:23 EDT 2004
Il gio, 2004-04-22 alle 21:13, Gregg Anderson ha scritto:
> Any idea when version .63 will be considered a stable release? And are there plans to better support the Oracle heterogeneous services without the development flag needing enabled?
> Gregg Anderson
You did some things that shouldn't be done on a ML:
- initiate a new thread replying to another message
- quote full message without needing it
We started 0.63 like every new version: with a long list of proposed
feature. However very few of these feature got started. Reasons are
- few coding time
- a lot of feedback (which, I must say direct every release)
Code standard of FreeTDS are much higher than fewer versions ago. Bug
(and even warnings) have an good priority. Usually you can just get CVS
and compile it without many problems. I don't consider _THIS_ CVS
version that unstable. Many todo in TODO file are to do even on 0.62.3.
My mainly stopover are
- SQLPutData (witch seem broken)
- SQLPrepare (for Oracle and OTL)
- DBD::ODBC (I want to get close to 100% using make test)
About roadmap it's hard to say... try to ask James, he has more
forecasting than me...
More information about the FreeTDS