[freetds] Sybase error

rconner at commspeed.net rconner at commspeed.net
Thu Apr 22 13:14:54 EDT 2004

I am having a bit of a problem pulling information down with an SQL SELECT
statment.  I connect to the db fine but then the SELECT statement is
causing an error.

Here is what I have.
$query = "SELECT dbo_AMATS_Equipments.EquipmentID, dbo_AMATS_Equipments.Model
FROM dbo_AMATS_Equipments";

$result = mssql_query($query);
$numRows = mssql_num_rows($result);

while($row = mssql_fetch_array($result))
{
  echo "<br>$row[1]</br>";
}

?>
and it returns this.

Connected to TEST Server
Connected to TEST db

Warning: mssql_query(): Sybase message: Invalid object name
'dbo_AMATS_Equipments'. (severity 16) in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/AMATS_test.php on line 26

Warning: mssql_num_rows(): 0 is not a Sybase result index in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/AMATS_test.php on line 27

Warning: mssql_fetch_array(): 0 is not a Sybase result index in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/AMATS_test.php on line 30

I am using an Access frontend that you can actually create SQL statements
in, so I am pretty sure the dbo_AMATS_Equipments is valid.  I currently
use the same method to create SELECT statements for the MySQL database.
Can someone shed some light on the errors?

Thanks

Conner