[freetds] new faqmaster

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Wed Apr 21 19:28:22 EDT 2004

Would you like to be the new FAQ Master?

If you fancy getting involved in our project, I would welcome the
participation of someone articulate and passionate about helping people
get the answers they need.  I spend a fair amount of time these days
answer people's questions and looking at the code, and the FAQ always
seems to get short shrift.   It would be better if someone who cared more
about it cared for it.

The time commitment is really minor, except at the beginning.  As things
stand, the FAQ is an odd amalgam of pointers, documentation, and
out-of-date fixes.  Almost everything in a typical FAQ is answered in our
UG which, IMHO, is comprehensive and better organized.  A better FAQ than
the one we have would serve as an index to the UG, quoting pieces of it
and linking to it.  Once it's redone, the maintenance requires only a
sporadic hour here and there, maybe 7 or 12 hours a year.

If any of this interests you, well, you know who to call.

Thanks.