[freetds] FreeTDS ODBC Driver handles MONEY type incorretly on Solaris/SPARC

ou liu ou at qbt.com
Tue Apr 20 09:12:48 EDT 2004

Just test the FreeTDS ODBC Driver on the Solaris/SPARC and try to fetch a
table consists of only one column which is of MONEY type.

I couldn't get the data; the sql type returned by the FreeTDS ODBC Driver
was SQL_UNKOWN_TYPE.

I found out that in odbc_util.c:

case SYBMONEY4:

                        return SQL_DOUBLE;

case SYBMONEYN:

                        break;

And the col_type is always SYBMONEYN no matter how I change the attribute of
the columns: Money, SmallMoney, Money not nullable, smallmoney not nullable.

I tried to replace the "break;" with the "return SQL_DOUBLE;" but then it
will abort:

fatal: relocation error: file libtdsodbc.so: symbol __floatdidf: referenced
symbol not found

Any ideas?

Regards

Ou

P.S

1. the DATETIME type is ok, only the MONEY has problems

2. I am using the Blade 150/Solaris 9, iodbc and the freetds' latest stable
build