[freetds] Exceptoins are not picked up by FreeTDS fromDB?(0.62.2 )

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at uni-duisburg.de
Sun Apr 18 08:19:05 EDT 2004

Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> Some early release do not capitalize names returned from SQLTables. I
> think that now it should work... However I got core as previous
> versions... Is OpenOffice ODBC support stable ??

I've been running several different version of Star-/OpenOffice on
Linux, beginning with StarOffice-5.2 up to OpenOffice-1.1, against
MySQL- and PostgreSQL databases using the respective ODBC drivers. As
memory serves, PostgreSQL ODBC setup was a bit tricky but worked very
well after I knew how to set up. I remember there are two different
ODBC drivers for PostgreSQL. One of these two doesn't work at all  :-)

MySQL access was fully functional pretty straight out of the box with
MyODBC-3.51.04 - even with an old StarOffice-5.2,

Martin.