[freetds] 0.62.3 ODBC raiserror unit test fails

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Mon Apr 12 17:17:13 EDT 2004

odbctest
--------

connection parameters:
server:   'svr'
user:     'usr'
password: '????'
database: 'db'
use db
CREATE PROCEDURE #tmp1
    @InParam int,
    @OutParam int OUTPUT,
    @OutString varchar(20) OUTPUT
AS
     SET @OutParam = @InParam
     SET @OutString = 'This is bogus!'
     RAISERROR('An error occurred.', 11, 1)
     RETURN (0)
SpDateTest Output:
   Result = -1
   Return Code = 0
SQLExecute failed!
FAIL: raiseerror

This unit test apparently fails in 0.62.3.  I'm not completely sure I know what it's testing.  It works in CVS HEAD.  Is it easy to fix in the release branch?

One minor thing.  The SQL command is "raiserror", with one 'e', just like sp_helprotect has one 'p'.  That's just a spelling rule in Sybasese.  Could we change the name of the program and the text of the FAIL message to match?