[freetds] Re: FreeTDS and Fedora PHP RPMs

Daniel Fazekas fdsubs at axelero.hu
Wed Apr 7 14:09:23 EDT 2004

On Apr 7, 2004, at 19:33, mis wrote:

> I'm trying to get the mssql functions to work under PHP 4.3.4 on a
> Fedora Core 1 Redhat Server. The tsql command tests for a good
> connection to the M$SQL 7.0 Server yet I am unable to locate/create
> mssql.so for PHP to recognize that the mssql function are available.
> Does anyone have a working method to get this accomplished?

The mssql.so PHP shared extension is normally built during the PHP
compilation process, if you run php's ./configure script with the
--with-mssql=shared,/path/to/freetds parameter included.

If you wish to keep using the Fedora rpms, download the matching Fedora
PHP SRPM package (the source code). Then go inside the ext/mssql
subdirectory of the expanded php source tree, and type
phpize && ./configure --with-mssql=/path/to/freetds && make

finally run "make install" as root and you should be good to go. Just
don't confuse that it's --with-mssql as opposed to --with-m$sql, and
that we are talking about the php source tree here, you've already got
freetds installed.

--
fds