[freetds] General Error in nvITrans_BeginT - rc = -1

Jeff Fisher JFisher at Emery-Waterhouse.com
Mon Apr 5 14:56:10 EDT 2004

We've installed freetds successfully and can connect to the sql server
database using isql.  However, while trying to connect through Oracle's
HSODBC service we get the following error:

[9013]General error in nvITrans_BeginT - rc = -1
Please refer to the log file for details

I searched the list archives but found nothing.  I also searched the web and
found where a couple of others got this error in similar situations but with
other drivers.  I'm not sure where to look for the root cause of the
problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

We're on Red Hat Advanced Server 2.3 and our admin installed the drivers
from unixODBC.  We're looking into how to turn on the logging now.

Thanks

Jeff