[freetds] unixODBC/FreeTDS Questions

Rob Garcia rgarcia at tiagris.net
Thu Apr 1 22:22:43 EST 2004

Martin Spott wrote:
> Rob Garcia wrote:
>

>>I've got some problems bringing up unixODBC on a Solaris 2.9 box for use
>>with the Perl DBI.  Here's the info on problem.
>

> Please excuse my question: Why the hell would I want to use Perl DBI
> with FreeTDS/ODBC when I have DBD::Sybase or even Sybperl !?
> Why should I use the deviation when the straight way is open ?
>
> Martin.

Not my choice.  We're using Radiator for authentication and it requires
the DBI to use an SQL server as a data source.

Your question got me to looking deeper into the problem and somewhere in
the Radiator FAQ I found that one can use DBD::Sybase to connect to an
MSSql database.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Rob