[freetds] Using sp_executesql with Microsoft SQL Server 2000

Rogers, Tom tom.rogers at ccur.com
Mon Jun 30 18:27:04 EDT 2003

I stand corrected...I tried it several times, but I kept getting it wrong,
and the books online for this are very poor.

I tried the following (like your example but with one less var):
declare @a smallint
   exec sp_executesql N'select @a=2',
   N'@a int output', @a
   select @a

expecting it to work...but it did not.

Seems I needed YET ANOTHER "output" statement:

declare @a smallint
   exec sp_executesql N'select @a=2',
   N'@a int output', @a output
   select @a