[freetds] Freetds/php empty recordsets.

Arnar Birgisson ArnarB at oddi.is
Fri Jun 27 05:01:45 EDT 2003

I think this was fixed in 0.61.1, but I don't know where one could get
the tarball, anyone?

Any news on the next stable release?

Arnar

>>> tim at diligence.com 26.6.2003 17:21:17 >>>
Hello.

I recently upgraded both my php and freetds and now I get a strange
behavior when I pull up empty recordsets.

when I pull up a empty recordset the following things occur.

1) the function mssql_query does not return a valid handle but instead

returns a value of 1.
2) mssql_num_rows returns 0 (as expected).
3) mssql_num_fields also returns a 0 (which is bad).

If I pull up at least one record then the field information is returned
OK
and the query handle is OK.

I am using freebsd, freetds .61 and php 4.3.2

The recordset is pulled up via "select * from tablename where keyfield
= -1"

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
  http://www.diligence.com/