[freetds] FreeTDS 0.61 broken with Sybase

Tim Uckun tim at diligence.com
Thu Jun 26 17:11:27 EDT 2003

>Something has changed in the handling of an empty resultset, so in case
>of an empty resultset a CS_CMD_SUCCESS, and when receiving 1+ rows
>CS_ROW_RESULT is returned.

This seems to explain my problem as well. I am using php 4.3.2 (latest
stable) and freetds .61 both on freebsd.

When I pull up an empty recordset the php call mssql_query returns a "1" as
opposed to a resource handle. If there is at least one record then it
returns a valid resource handle.

I should point out that this was working fine with a previous build of freetds.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
  http://www.diligence.com/