[freetds] Freetds/php empty recordsets.

Tim Uckun tim at diligence.com
Thu Jun 26 13:21:17 EDT 2003

Hello.

I recently upgraded both my php and freetds and now I get a strange
behavior when I pull up empty recordsets.

when I pull up a empty recordset the following things occur.

1) the function mssql_query does not return a valid handle but instead
returns a value of 1.
2) mssql_num_rows returns 0 (as expected).
3) mssql_num_fields also returns a 0 (which is bad).

If I pull up at least one record then the field information is returned OK
and the query handle is OK.

I am using freebsd, freetds .61 and php 4.3.2

The recordset is pulled up via "select * from tablename where keyfield = -1"

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
  http://www.diligence.com/