[freetds] Getting XML document from MS SQL2000

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Wed Jun 25 13:34:48 EDT 2003

           ^^^^^^^^^^
	What is your text size set to?
> pid: 19395:2003-06-25 18:37:24.837049 inside ct_describe()
> datafmt->datatype = 16 server type 35
> pid: 19395:2003-06-25 18:37:24.837599 inside ct_cancel()
>
> (but packet with XML document already received from server)

Try "set textsize 16000" (or whatever's sufficient for you) before issuing
the query.  Nowadays you can set "text size" in your freetds.conf, but I'm
not sure 0.60 supports that.

If that doesn't work, you found a bug.  Not many people are using FreeTDS
for XML output, but I don't know of any reason we shouldn't support it.

HTH.