[freetds] New to FreeTDS / ODBC

Chad Udell chadu at mac.com
Tue Jun 24 22:49:09 EDT 2003

James thanks for the reply..

my odbc.ini file contains the following:
[TDS]
Description             = TDS
Driver          = TDS
Servername             = 192.168.0.3
Database                = ARMCODATA
UID             = username
PWD             = password
Port            = 1433

my freetds.log file looks like this:

Starting log file with debug level 99.
2003-06-24 18:09:20.024020 iconv will convert client-side data to the
"" character set
2003-06-24 18:09:20.024436 Connecting addr 192.168.0.3 port 1433 with
TDS version 4.2

Having worked exclusively in the LAMP world, trying to integrate this
linux box with a Windows MSSQL server is certainly not easy.
I'm sure I must seem pretty ignorant. Sorry for my newbie-ness.

Chad