[freetds] Odd statement execution problem

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Tue Jun 24 11:34:42 EDT 2003

Michael,

The 'local' context was needed for the $dbh connection handle, that was the problem. The error was cropping up in a subroutine, whereas the database connection was made in 'my' context outside the subroutine in question. It was a perl thing, nothing freetds related at all, fortunately.

I just wonder why the script ever worked at all. I had recently modified it to fork() for groups of input data to try and have it complete more quickly, and that's the first I had noticed it.

-Will