[freetds] seg fault occurs when connecting to MS SQL server 2000

Rachael LaPorte Taylor rachael.laporte.taylor at census.gov
Fri Jun 13 19:24:05 EDT 2003

Version 0.61

I successfully connect to a MS SQL Server 2000 using the tsql utility.
However, I get a seg fault when using iodbc odbctest. gdb reports that
it bombs at around line 1126 in connect.c (in the iodbc source) on the
CALL_DRIVER macro. I've compiled with TDS version 4.2 and
--with-iodbc=/path_to_iodbc per the FAQ.

Is this a driver problem or iodbc? I am able to successfully connect to
a mysql database with odbctest using a myodbc driver.

I'm running this on RedHat 9.0 using the latest gcc.

Any suggestions?

--
Rachael LaPorte Taylor
U.S. Census Bureau