[freetds] CT-lib and DB-lib API question

Joel Apter japter at ibxtech.com
Fri Jun 13 17:03:48 EDT 2003

If the ctlib/dblib APIs are so much more mature than the ODBC API, would it be possible for me to write an application using the ct/db-lib API to interface with a MS SQL 2000 server?  I don't really need much of the functionality offered in TDS versions greater than 4.2 (if this matters or not I don't know).  Could someone please point me to some ctlib/dblib API documentation that I could as reference?  Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but is this what PHP currently uses to interface with the database since ODBC is still lacking some features?