[freetds] How to run on freeBSD

Alan Pettigrew alan at pettigrew.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 12:13:30 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com>
To: "Alan Pettigrew" <alan at pettigrew.fsnet.co.uk>; "FreeTDS Development
Group" <freetds at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 5:05 PM
Subject: RE: [freetds] How to run on freeBSD

> I had terrible problems getting freeTDS and ODBC to run on
> FeeeBSD, but I have finally cracked it.
>
> unixODBC and freetds must be compiled WITHOUT THREADING,
> otherwise the connect crashes in tds/login.c.
>
> I got freetds working by compiling without threading, but I
> didn't think of unixODBC.  As soon as I rebuilt that, it all worked.
>
> Yippee, I can use Perl, and PHP can wait a while.
>
> Alan
>

>>What version of FreeBSD do you use ?
>>Currently threading-safe in FreeTDS use only reentrant function and
>>method.. It's very strange it crash...

Sorry, I confused myself.  The issued freetds 0.61 does not use threading (I
think), but the CVS version does.  It was unixODBC which had threading
turned on by default.  When I was building the CVS version of freetds to see
if that worked I found that it used threading which I had to disable.  I
only just discovered that unixODBC needed to be built without threading (on
freeBSD anyway).

>>freddy77

Alan