[freetds] db-library : SIGSEGV on dbexit()

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Wed Jun 11 08:18:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:49:35 -0500, GUTIERREZ Pablo TESIS-TAMSA
<Tesgup at tamsa.com.mx> wrote:
> OK. I thought dbexit() just called dbclose() one for each open
> connection.
> I understood that calling dbexit() was the same as calling dbclose()
> (for a single DBPROC).

I see your point.  Sybase's documentation says,

"To ensure future compatibility and portability, Sybase strongly
recommends that all applications call dbinit and dbexit, no matter what
their environment. For environments requiring dbinit, the application must
not make any other DB-Library call after calling dbexit."

Our documentation should be clear about FreeTDS's behavior, that's for
sure.  I don't see how we'll be able to be as liberal as Microsoft's
description implies.

Regards,