[freetds] TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY

Isak Johnsson isak at hypergene.com
Tue Jun 10 13:59:33 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm new here, so please excuse me if I'm missing something.

I'm trying to build the CVS version of FreeTDS on Mac OS X 10.2.
Autoconf, automake, libtool, readline and libiconv are built and
installed with current stable versions and I have patched ltmain.sh
according to the FreeTDS FAQ.

This is the configure command:
./configure --enable-static=no --enable-shared=yes --enable-msdblib
--enable-developing --with-iodbc --with-gnu-ld --with-tdsver=8.0

Make fails when linking because the symbol TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY is
multiply defined.

It seems that this symbol is defined on line 882 of tds.h:
enum { client2ucs2, client2server_singlebyte, ascii2server_metadata }
TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY;

As far as I know C this is a variable declaration so each file that
includes tds.h will have their own variable.

How is it used, as a global variable or as a type? If it's a global
variable, I think that it should be extern or static. If it's a type,
wouldn't this be the correct line?
enum TDS_ICONV_INFO_ENTRY { client2ucs2, client2server_singlebyte,
ascii2server_metadata };

Thanks for any help!

Isak Johnsson,
Developer, Hypergene AB, Sweden