[freetds] Stored Procedure Output Parameters Not Being Return ed

Frediano Ziglio freddyz77 at tin.it
Tue Jun 10 13:53:43 EDT 2003

Il mar, 2003-06-10 alle 18:54, Rogers, Tom ha scritto:
> Any status on this issue?  Our shop uses UnixODBC and needs a solution to
> stored proc output parameters with MS SQL 7.0.  If I understand Frediano
> this is on his ToDo list.
>
> As I said, we are not so much looking for a work-around, but rather, looking
> for when this will be supported, natively in UnixODBC and FreeTDS such that
> we can BindParameters and then call Execute/ExecDirect with the query
> syntax:   "{ ? = call myproc(?, ?,) }"
>
> Let me know if we can help move this through the pipeline.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Thomas Rogers
> System Engineer
> Concurrent Computer Corporation
> phone: 215.712.7422 x7261

Well, the good news is that this syntax is handled by CVS code. The bad
news is that CVS is not that stable... I consider it quite stable using
GNU iconv and single-byte characters (like ISO8859-1).

Current CVS handle better prepare stuff (specially using ODBC). I'm
finishing DONE handling (for SQLRowCount/SQLMoreResults behavior).