FW: [freetds] Compiling on FreeBSD without ICONV

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Mon Jun 9 13:37:46 EDT 2003

I should have mentioned that the default is now multithreaded, too, which of
course is why you're pulling in the _r libraries.  Apparently FreeTDS can be
compiled for with multithreaded support for FreeBSD, which is good, but it
seems we are not automatically linking in all the required libraries, which
isn't.  :-(  I wonder how we should fix that.  Do you know?

For singlethreaded programs, we don't normally mention libc; it's included
among the linker's default libraries.  Is the usual practice for
multithreaded programs in FreeBSD to mention libc_r explicitly, or is there
some shortcut that says "do the multithreaded thing"?

Either way, it looks like we'll have to adjust configure.in to generate a
configure script that will work out of the box for FreeBSD.

Thanks for the pr, Alan.