[freetds] Compiling on FreeBSD without ICONV

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Mon Jun 9 10:58:50 EDT 2003

At the moment, FreeTDS cannot be compiled without setting configure's
--with-libiconv-prefix switch.  The charset work we've been doing lately led
us to rely much more heavily on iconv than we did before.  Between now and
the next release, we'll add a simple version of iconv (in src/replacements)
that does ASCII<->UCS-2, which is all anyone needs for English character
data on a Microsoft server.  We'll link that in if no libiconv is detected.

Sorry for the inconvenience.