[freetds] BCP performance

Cooperman, Marc (Exchange) MCooperman at bear.com
Fri Jun 6 11:39:03 EDT 2003

I've seen some postings that freebcp is slow.

I can testify to this for Solaris -> Windows.

I'd like to know if this is a code/application problem, or it might be a
tweakable UNIX/PC allergic reaction in the TCP/IP stack. Perhaps turning off
Nagle at the sender/client might help.

If anyone has succeeded in tuning freebcp, I'd appreciate some pointers.

I need to use it to bcp tabe serparated ASCII text.

Thanks

Marc S. Cooperman